- 330 hours
- 22 credits
This course is the first in a series on starting a business. Though new venture creation is the focus of the specialization, this course is important for everyone.To create a successful business it is not only about what you do (technical execution), it is also about how you think. This course provides learners with insights to re-frame their thinking in order to maximize their chances for success.
So what can a learner expect to gain from this course? At the end of this course a learner: 1.) will be able to argue effectively against all of the reasons for not starting their business (or reaching some goal); 2.) will be able to operate effectively within the new framework or model for starting a business (or any new endeavor), thus increasing their chances for success; and 3.) will be able to make the initial business startup decisions of what type of business to start, and what type of business owner to be.
Why enroll in this program?
Acquire the skills and knowledge to start your own business enterprise. Our experienced teachers will guide you through all the steps required to develop a business plan and teach you about your rights and responsibilities in the business milieu. You will also learn to foster the professional attitude necessary to be an effective planner and communicator in various business endeavors.
- The program is officially recognized by the Ministere de l’education, du Loisir et du Sport.
- The professional training you receive will prepare you for many entrepreneurial opportunities.
- The technological skills you acquire are essential in launching any business adventure.
- Financial aid is available for eligible students.
- Help students increase their potential as entrepreneurs.
- Teach candidates to develop initiative, creativity and autonomy in their business pursuits.
- Train students to develop research techniques and process information.
- Provide students with the skills to determine market analysis and marketing and sales strategies.
- Teach students how to secure business financing.
|To determine their suitability for their business proposal and the training process||30||2|
|To research and process information||30||2|
|To prepare a business plan outline||30||2|
|To determine market analysis, marketing and sales strategies||105||7|
|To determine the human, material and physical resources needed to start and run a business||60||4|
|To organize and process the information needed to secure business financing||75||5|