- 1,230 hours
- 82 credits
Acquire the certified training required to pursue a rewarding career as a pharmacy technical assistant. Our dedicated teachers provide training in a modern pharmacy ward setting with the latest medical equipment. To learn more, call us.
- The program is officially recognized by the Québec Ministry of Education, Recreation and Sports.
- The professional training you receive opens doors to many jobs in both the public and private sectors.
- Financial aid is available for eligible candidates at www.afe.gouv.qc.ca/en/
- Provide students with the technical and basic skills, knowledge and attitudes needed to perform technical tasks while prioritizing the needs of the patient.
- Acquire the latest technological skills to maintain and update patient files.
- Acquire the communication skills needed to guide customers effectively.
- Teach students to sell and distribute medical and pharmaceutical products.
- Train students to establish effective helping relationships.
Special features of the program
- The requirements of the job market and the legal conditions surrounding the hiring of pharmacy technical assistants are such that individuals graduating with a DVS in Pharmacy Technical Assistance must be at least 18 years of age by the time they enter the job market.
- The term “drug” is used in different competencies to reflect the reality of the job market. However, teachers may replace drugs with placebos or substitutes during the teaching process.
- The Training students receive in the competencies Work-Related Tasks in Community Pharmacies and Work-Related Tasks in Health Care Institutions provides them with an opportunity to handle drugs as they learn their occupation in the workplace.
|Analyze the occupation||30||2|
|Perform pharmaceutical calculations||75||5|
|Observe the laws, regulations and standards governing the practice of the occupation||30||2|
|Identify non-parenteral drugs and their characteristics||105||7|
|Take occupational health and safety precautions||30||2|
|Use pharmaceutical applications software for community pharmacies||45||3|
|Use pharmaceutical applications software for health care institutions||45||3|
|Do a practicum in the workplace||75||5|
|Perform customer service activities||60||4|
|Identify the characteristics of parenteral drugs||60||4|
|Make non-sterile preparations||30||2|
|Fill prescriptions in a community pharmacy||135||9|
|Fill prescriptions in a health care institution||135||9|
|Make sterile preparations||120||8|
|Perform work-related tasks in a community pharmacy||105||7|
|Perform work-related tasks in a health care institution||105||7|