The Institutional and Home Care Assistance program prepares students for the trade or occupation of patient service associate and home support worker in the health and social services sector. Our dedicated teaching nurses provide training in a modern hospital ward and home setting with the latest medical equipment. To learn more, call us.
- The program is officially recognized by the Québec Ministry of Education, Recreation and Sports.
- The professional training you receive opens doors to many jobs in both the public and private sectors.
- Financial aid is available for eligible candidates au www.afe.gouv.qc.ca/en/
- Train students to provide care and assistance in public, private and community health care networks to persons of all ages who are sick or who have physical, psychological, or psychosocial disabilities
- Train students to work on a team and establish effective helping relationships.
- The rationale of this occupation is to provide aid to patients so that they may recover or maintain their autonomy and overall health condition.
|Determine their suitability for the occupation and the training process||30||2|
|Establish a helping relationship||60||4|
|Adopt relational approaches with clients with cognitive impairments, mental health problems or neurodevelopmental disorders||60||4|
|Determine the appropriate means to respond to the needs of clients with physical illnesses and disabilities||60||4|
|Provide care related to activities of daily living (ADL)||75||5|
|Prevent infections and contamination||30||2|
|Provide assistive care related to daily activities||120||8|
|Deal with situations involving risk||30||2|
|Work with clients who require assistive care at home or in alternative living environments||105||7|
|Deal with family, social and cultural contexts||60||4|
|Provide assistance to clients in palliative and end-of-life care||30||2|
|Consider the rules and procedures for administering medications and basic invasive care involved in assistance with activities of daily living||45||3|
|Provide assistive care related to the client’s clinical reality||60||4|
|Administer first aid||30||2|
|Provide assistive care to clients requiring short-term care||75||5|