**Students will need computers to follow the program and will be required at times to come into the building for evaluations and Practical/Lab training.**
- Acquire the certified training required to practice the profession of Nursing Assistant. Our dedicated teaching nurses provide training in a modern hospital ward setting with the latest medical equipment. To learn more, call us.
- The program is officially recognized by the Québec Ministry of Education, Recreation and Sports.
- The professional training you receive opens doors to many jobs in both the public and private sectors.
- Financial aid is available for eligible candidates www.afe.gouv.qc.ca/en/
- Provide students with the technical and basic skills, knowledge and attitudes needed to perform assistant nursing tasks while prioritizing the needs of the patient.
- Train students to work on a team and establish effective helping relationships.
- Teach students to communicate effectively with all members of the medical team, the patients and their families.
- Give students the ability to respond effectively to problems and to adapt to difficult situations.
Special features of the program
- Completion of Secondary 3 or its recognized equivalent;
- Be 18 years of age or older OR persons must have stopped their full-time studies for at least 12 months.
|Administer first aid||30||2|
|Determine their suitability for the profession and training||30||2|
|Become familiar with a comprehensive approach to health||30||2|
|Communicate in a care team||45||3|
|Apply basic care procedures||105||7|
|Establish a helping relationship||30||2|
|Become familiar with the legal and ethical aspects of the profession||30||2|
|Apply care procedures related to the musculoskeletal system||45||3|
|Provide basic care to clients who are experiencing loss of autonomy||75||5|
|Help a client meet his or her nutritional needs||30||2|
|Apply care procedures related to the nervous and sensory systems||60||4|
|Apply care procedures related to the endocrine system||30||2|
|Apply care procedures related to the digestive system||60||4|
|Apply care procedures related to the urinary and reproductive systems||60||4|
|Intervene with a client with cognitive deficits||45||3|
|Intervene with a client in palliative care||30||2|
|Intervene with a client with a mental health problem||45||3|
|Provide geronto-geriatric care||120||8|
|Provide care to clients with mental health problems||75||5|
|Provide care to clients undergoing physical rehabilitation||120||8|
|Provide care in a surgical unit||90||6|
|Intervene with a mother and her newborn||30||2|
|Provide care to mothers and newborns||30||2|
|Intervene with a child or adolescent with a health problem||30||2|
|Provide care to children and adolescents||30||2|
|Provide care to a diverse clientele||105||7|
|Prevent and control infection||60||4|
|Participate in drug therapy||60||4|
|Provide specific care||75||5|
|Provide care in a medical unit||120||8|
|Refer to their knowledge of the cardiovascular and respiratory systems when providing care||75||5|