- 1800 Hours
- 120 Credits
Acquire the certified training required to practice the profession of Automotive Service Technicians. Our dedicated teaching staff provide training in a modern setting with the latest equipment. Call to learn more.
- The program is officially recognized by the Québec Ministry of Education, Recreation and Sports.
- The professional training you receive opens doors to many jobs in the private sectors.
- Financial aid is available for eligible candidates.
- Perform preventive and corrective mechanic work.
- Inspect vehicles with the goal of identifying, finding the cause and the source of operating problems.
- Performing repairs, replacing parts and making adjustments on different vehicle systems.
- Operating tests, procedure for installing accessories and optional equipment.
- Adhere to health, safety and environmental laws and regulations.
|Determine their suitability for the trade and the training process||15||1|
|Avoid health, safety and environmental hazards||30||2|
|Find technical information about motor vehicles||45||3|
|Perform heating, welding and cutting operations||45||3|
|Do shop work||75||5|
|Establish interpersonal relationships at work||30||2|
|Inspect internal combustion engines||75||5|
|Repair internal combustion engines||90||6|
|Inspect road-holding systems||60||4|
|Repair road-holding systems||90||6|
|Inspect electrical and electronic systems||90||6|
|Repair lighting systems||60||4|
|Inspect basic computer-controlled systems||60||4|
|Inspect transmission systems||90||6|
|Repair transmission systems||105||7|
|Inspect starting and charging systems and electromagnetic accessories||75||5|
|Repair starting and charging systems and electromagnetic accessories||75||5|
|Inspect engine and passenger compartment temperature control systems||45||3|
|Maintain and repair engine and passenger compartment temperature control systems||45||3|
|Inspect active and passive safety systems||45||3|
|Repair active and passive safety systems||60||4|
|Do general maintenance on a motor vehicle||60||4|
|Inspect electornic ignition systems||60||4|
|Repair electronic ignition systems||60||4|
|Inspect electronic injection and antipollution systems||60||4|
|Maintain and repair electronic injection and antipollution systems||75||5|
|Inspect the drive train||75||5|
|Carry out a job search||15||1|
|Enter the work force||90||6|